IP Legal Assistant
Founded in the 1920s and located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s business district, Gardiner Roberts LLP’s commitment to growth has been consistent, not only in developing its client base and practice capabilities, but in its approach to client service.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is currently seeking an IP Assistant.
- Managing and maintaining IP docketing system (PATTSY) for patent and trademarks
- Entering and monitoring deadlines, extensions and other time sensitive matters
- File management including opening and closing files and maintain current files
- Conducting searches in the Canadian and US patent office databases for patent families and ownership records
- Managing Canadian and US patent office and foreign associate correspondence
- Conducting searches of the Canadian and US trademark office databases and those of foreign jurisdictions
- Responding to clients, CIPO and other parties
- Receiving, recording and managing CIPO mail
- Preparation of accounts
- Other duties may be assigned or amended as required
- At least 2 years of Intellectual Property (Patent and Trademark ) experience
- Knowledge of CIPO patent and trademark procedures and rules
- Experience managing and maintaining IP docketing system (preferably PATTSY)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) including the ability to deal directly with clients and all levels of staff
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Detail-oriented with strong proofreading skills
- Highly organized and proactive
- Highly proficient in MS Office and ability to learn new software and technology quickly
Interested candidates should send resumes to Kristin Hamilton at email@example.com by August 15, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Kristin Hamilton, Human Resources Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 416.865.6676.