IT Help Desk Technician
Founded in the 1920s and located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s business district, Gardiner Roberts’ commitment to growth has been consistent, not only in developing its client base and practice capabilities, but in its approach to client service.
We are currently seeking a Help Desk Technician who possesses thorough knowledge of applications and hardware to assist end users. The candidate must have 2-5 years of experience.
- Provide front line support to firm members
- Respond to Help Desk tickets and provide one-on-one support to all firm members with their hardware/software related questions and problems
- Provide remote computer support for end users as requested
- Investigate and resolve Help Desk issues and escalate as necessary
- Ensure all requests are completed and tracked
- Ensure that the Help Desk is monitored during normal business hours and that all requests are assessed and resolved
- Provide support of technical hardware including, but not limited to, computers, mobile devices, phones, printers, and photocopiers as necessary
- Participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts
- Responsible on a rotation basis for after-hours support
- Minimum Community College diploma in IT related studies
- Experience in the use of standard business applications: Windows 7, MS Office 2010, HP printers, RIM Blackberry and Blackberry Enterprise Server, iPhone, TCP/IP Networking/Active Directory (2003/2008), Exchange/Outlook 2010, desktop and notebook configuration
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to interact with end users in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and handle stressful situations
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities with the ability to learn new concepts and products quickly
Qualified candidates are asked to submit applications to Kristin Hamilton at email@example.com by July 4th, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Kristin Hamilton, Human Resources Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 416.865.6676.