Founded in the 1920s and located in the heart of downtown Toronto’s business district, Gardiner Roberts’ commitment to growth has been consistent, not only in developing its client base and practice capabilities, but in its approach to client service.
We are currently seeking a Trust/Conflict Clerk who possesses a thorough knowledge of Trust, Conflict Checks and Wires using the Elite 3E software. The candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years of law firm experience.
- Maintain complete records detailing all trust account transactions and process them on a timely basis
- Deposit and invest trust funds and posts trust transactions daily
- Prepare all incoming and outgoing wire transfers
- Prepare all aspects of trust cheques, including cheque verification, processing stop payments, stale dated cheques and certified cheques not cashed
- Keep up-to-date banking records, including reconciliation of firm trust accounts, signing authorities, and list of bank contracts
- Prepare T5s and NR4B forms for interest on matured investments
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records
- Contact lawyers to obtain or relay account information
- Assist upper management with all other special projects or assigned tasks as required
- Data entry, filing, photocopying, organizing and reviewing records
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in accounting
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as Elite3E, Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft Excel)
- Must be able to work overtime if requested
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- 3-5 years of law firm experience
- Work well individually and in a team within a very busy environment
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through oral dialogue and written format
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
Qualified candidates are asked to submit applications to Kristin Hamilton at email@example.com by August 18th, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates whose background and experience match our requirements will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Kristin Hamilton, Human Resources Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 416.865.6676.