Gardiner Roberts LLP is an established full-service law firm located in the heart of Toronto’s downtown business district. Founded in 1920, we provide a wide range of legal services in all areas of the law including corporate, litigation, administrative, commercial lending, securities, real estate, professional liability, health care, intellectual property and non-profit and charities. At Gardiner Roberts, we believe that we are only as good as our people. For this reason, we place a high value on personal growth and continuously work hard to maintain a progressive and responsive workplace that has an environment of collegiality, mutual respect and trust.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is seeking a Litigation Assistant. The successful candidate should possess a minimum of 8 years of experience in litigation.
- Prepare and complete all necessary documentation for a litigation practice including affidavits, motions, factums, brief of authorities, pleadings etc.
- Independently manage a busy litigation practice
- Communicate professionally with clients
- Minimum 8 years litigation experience, preferably in a law firm
- Must have successfully completed a community college legal assistant course
- Excellent knowledge of The Rules of Civil Procedure and all levels of Court procedures
- Knowledge in insurance defense litigation is an asset
- Experience with court scheduling and filing
- Strong computer skills
- Meticulous and detailed oriented with the ability to work well in a busy team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and multitask
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent dicta-typing and proofreading skills
Interested candidates should send resumes to Kristin Hamilton at email@example.com by August 25, 2017.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gardiner Roberts LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above posting in an alternative format, please contact Kristin Hamilton, Human Resources Manager by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 416.865.6676.