When it comes to understanding all aspects of municipal law, Gardiner Roberts’ extensive experience has long been part of our DNA. A thorough understanding of the complexities of municipal regulation and related administrative law includes planning, land use, expropriation, environmental, conflict of interest, subdivision of land, condominiums and development of all degrees. As a result of our proficiency and expertise in this area, our diverse client base has come to include both private and public-sector organizations, including land developers, conservation authorities, municipalities, land owners and related lenders.
From assessment concerns and zoning issues to assisting municipalities with large-scale infrastructure projects, Gardiner Roberts applies the perspective of a bigger picture to the smallest of initial concerns - applying the client-friendly benefits of our multi-disciplinary, one-team approach.
Given the restrictions placed on today’s municipalities, overburdened by expanding populations, aging infrastructure and rising legacy costs, it is critical to partner with counsel with a team who understand the complexities in this evolving regulatory landscape. With our many decades of hands-on expertise, Gardiner Roberts is strategically-positioned to provide clients with smart solutions and sound strategies required to meet and exceed today’s challenges, while keeping a trained eye on tomorrow's opportunities.
- City of Vaughan Official Plan – Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Policies and Black Creek renewal.
- Special Policy Areas – 20 Fred Varley Drive Markham.
- Development matters – recently 60 lot vacant land condominium plan in North Kawartha.
- Expropriations – recently Highway 407 – Land Value and Injurious affection.
- Minor Variances – Oakville, Brampton, Toronto, and elsewhere.
- City of Brampton Official Plan review.
- Administrative Appeals – Mining and Lands Commissioner and related court appearances, judicial review.
- Assessment Appeals – Effect of Environmental contamination on market value.
- Roads and Highways – Access Permissions.
Ian A. Blue
Stephen A. Thiele
Gavin J. Tighe