Alex is a lawyer in the Business Law Group and the Financial Services Group and advises clients on a broad range of corporate, commercial and financing matters, including mergers and acquisitions, secured lending, corporate finance and general corporate/commercial matters.
Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts, Alex articled and practiced as an associate at a preeminent national law firm spending time in both the Toronto and New York offices.
- Acted for the vendors in a sale of all of the issued and outstanding shares of a Toronto software company to a fortune 100 purchaser for approximately, $25,000,000
- Acted for largest Canadian KFC franchisee in the purchase of certain assets from a former publicly traded company through CCAA proceedings for approximately, $40,000,000
- Acted for largest Canadian KFC franchisee as borrower, in connection with senior secured operating, term and capital expenditure facilities in excess of $50 million dollars provided by a Schedule I Bank including various amendments and increases to credit facilities
- Acted for borrower in connection with demand operating facilities, term loans, foreign exchange forward contracts and credit cards in excess of $24,000,000 provided by Schedule I bank to purchase all of the partnership units of a large carpet and tile supply and installation partnership
- Acted for borrower in connection with revolving and term debt financing provided by a US bank, including issuance by borrower of warrants to the US bank
- Acted on behalf of various Schedule I banks in connection with loans ranging from $1,000,000 to $30,000,000
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author of the Business Law Program, Ryerson LPP
- The Bulk Sales Act – Recent Developments - November 11, 2016
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- The New York State Bar Association