Amit Patel conducts a general Intellectual Property Law practice, and works primarily on intellectual property litigation matters. His practice focuses on patent law and Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) litigation, and also includes intellectual property, technology and dispute resolution issues.
Amit keeps up to date on intellectual property issues by participating in a number of organizations and events centred on the various intellectual property practice areas of patents, copyright and trade-marks.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2013, Amit summered and articled with Gardiner Roberts.
Articles and Presentations
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada, and IPIC Litigation Subcommitee
- Member, Toronto Intellectual Property Group
Beyond the Office
As an avid sports fan and athlete, Amit makes time to support Toronto’s professional sports teams and to get outside and play golf, soccer and volleyball, especially when the sun is shining.