Jonathan has two specialties.
- Corporate and commercial focusing on Insolvency & Restructuring, commercial transaction disputes, fraud, creditor debtor relations and secured debt.
- Municipal Law, Land use development and Planning.
Currently acting for court appointed receivers in connection with
- a portfolio sale of over $150 million involving over 10 multi unit residential buildings.
- sale of commercial shopping centre real estate;
- debt recovery with respect to failed hotel development;
- debt restructuring plans of arrangement.
Currently acting for various conservation authorities in connection with Official Plan, zoning, and development projects and in connection with municipal litigation involving development charges, letters of credit and other development related disputes.
Articles and Presentations
- Bill 73, Smart Growth for our Communities, 2015 - March 4, 2016
- The Living City Foundation, past Director and current Volunteer (Finance Committee)
- Ontario Bar Association, Municipal and Insolvency Sections
- INSOL International (Member)
- Ontario Expropriation Association (Member)
- Canadian Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Professionals (legal)
- Assessment Appeal, Contaminated Land Fill site.
- The Living City Foundation events of various descriptions.
- Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club, (Member of Membership Committee).
Beyond the Office
Avid J24 sailor, Jonathan has participated in international racing events in the United States, St. Martin and bareboat charters in the Mediterranean. Jonathan sits on the Membership Committee of the Ashbridge’s Bay Yacht Club. Jonathan is also an aspiring salsa and bachata dancer.