Josh works primarily in the areas of tax and estate planning, advising entrepreneurs and families in connection with tax-efficient corporate reorganizations, trusts, and wealth and succession planning. He also advises on a variety of domestic and international taxation matters, including mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financings. Josh regularly advises non-Canadian businesses that are planning to enter the Canadian market.
Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts as an associate in 2012, Josh practiced in the taxation group in the Toronto office of a large national law firm.
- Advises clients on the structuring and implementation of tax-efficient corporate reorganizations
- Advises clients on matters of estate and succession planning, including the drafting of wills and designing plans that address the income and estate administration tax ramifications of the client’s objectives
- Advises clients on the establishment of trusts and the income tax ramifications thereof
Articles and Presentations
- Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption, and Converting Income Into Capital Gains - September 14, 2017
- Listed Personal Property Tax Rules - March 1, 2017
- Principal Residence Rules An Update - December 7, 2016
- Update on New Donation Tax Credit Rules - September 16, 2016
- Update on Recent Personal Tax Changes and Planning Opportunities - March 3, 2016
- Section 56.4 and the Sale of Shares - December 17, 2014
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners