Peter combines experience in conducting commercial transactions with a knowledge of commercial, securities and tax law. His practice involves him in a wide range of transactions including exempt market offerings, prospectus offerings, share compensation arrangements, share and asset sales, cross-border transactions, corporate reorganizations and secured lending.
Peter understands the practical business decisions facing his clients. Prior to entering the practice of law, he completed undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, specializing in corporate finance and international management. He also worked in the financial services industry for eight years as a customer service representative, investment advisor, income tax officer and trust officer.
In the securities field, Peter is well-versed in dealing with stock exchanges, securities commissions and self-regulatory organizations regarding a wide range of issues including registration of dealers and advisers and continuous disclosure for public companies listed in Canada and the U.S.
Articles and Presentations
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association, Business Law and Charity and Not‑for‑Profit Law Sections
- Canadian Venture Capital Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- CLE Liaison of the Ontario Bar Association Business Law Section
- Secretary of the Ontario Bar Association Business Law Section
- Board member and Vice President of the Juno Beach Centre Association
Beyond the Office
Peter has an active interest in veterans’ affairs and acts as director and as the Vice President of the Juno Beach Centre Association, a Canadian charity which owns and operates a Canadian WWII museum on Juno Beach in Normandy, France.