Queenie practices in the firm’s Business and Corporate Commercial and Securities and Corporate Finance groups, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, and general corporate matters.
Queenie provides advice and assistance in relation to a wide range of negotiated transactions, including share and asset purchases, partnerships, joint ventures, and corporate reorganizations. Queenie also regularly advises clients in relation to debt and equity financings.
Queenie’s securities practice includes acting for issuers on stock exchange listings, registrations, private placements, continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance and other regulatory compliance issues.
Queenie acts for a wide variety of clients ranging from local start-ups to large conglomerates and in a number of industries, including infrastructure, manufacturing, technology, energy, mining, real estate and financial services.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate, Queenie worked for the firm as a summer and articling student. She is involved in a number of initiatives within the firm.
- Acted for Anchor Shoring Group, a soil retention and building foundation service firm, in connection with its reorganization prior to the sale of the business to GFL Excavating Corp.
- Acted for Aquam Corporation (formerly Nu Flow Holdings Inc.), a San Diego, CA based manufacturer and installer of innovative technologies to rehabilitate the inner infrastructure of deteriorated or failing water piping systems, in connection with various debt financings.
- Acted for an aboriginal band in connection with its investments in solar and wind projects.
- Acted for The Carlu Corporation, Toronto's historical special events venue, in connection with its sale to Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants.
- Acted for Canadian satellite equipment maker Com Dev International Ltd. in connection with various corporate and regulatory matters.
- Acted for The Edge Benefits Inc., a company that provides small business owners with lifestyle protection and complex living benefits solutions, in connection with its sale of a majority stake to Co-operators Life Insurance Co.
- Acted for MyTrak Health Systems Inc. in connection with its sale of the Mobile Technology Business Unit to The Medipattern Corporation, a TSX Venture listed company.
- Acted for an addiction treatment operator in connection with its sale of over 50 methadone clinics.
- Acted for one of North America’s largest residential solar energy companies in connection with the sale of solar systems and various other corporate matters.
- Acted for a storage operator in connection with its corporate reorganization and the purchase of various storage facilities premises.
- Acted for Quality Rugs of Canada in connection with its acquisition of all of the partnership interests in Sterling Tile & Carpet.
- Acted for REV Sleep Corporation, a mattresses, foundations, bedding and pillows manufacturer in connection with the sale of its assets to Sommex Bedding Corporation.
- Acted for Romspen Mortgage Investment Fund, a leading non-bank mortgage lender specializing in commercial and industrial real estate, in connection with various lending and securities law matters.
- Acted for Signature Risk Partners Inc., in connection with its purchase of the commercial golf club insurance program business from South Western Insurance Group Limited.
- Acted for a U.S. producer and distributor of synchronous drive products, in connection with its acquisition of the assets of a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of power transmission products.
- Acted for a wind energy limited partnership in connection with its restructuring.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author of the Business Law Program, Ryerson’s Law Practice Program.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ryerson’s Law Practice Program