Scott is an associate lawyer and member of the Dispute Resolution Group at Gardiner Roberts. Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2009, Scott summered and articled with Gardiner Roberts. Scott conducts a general corporate/ commercial litigation practice but is most often involved with banking and brokerage disputes, fraud cases involving complex injunctions and interlocutory motions, as well as professional liability matters involving investment advisors and lawyers. Recently, Scott successfully defended one of Canada’s largest banks and brokerages in a Superior Court of Justice trial involving an investment product that had previously never been the subject of litigation in Ontario. He also acts as a prosecutor for various Conservation Authorities regarding the prosecution of offences under the Conservation Authorities Act in the Ontario Court of Justice.
Scott appears regularly as counsel in the Superior Court of Justice and has also appeared as counsel before the Divisional Court and Court of Appeal for Ontario.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Corporate, Commercial, Professional Liability
- Acting for a professional liability insurer in a wide range of matters involving lawyers.
- Acting for various medium and large banks and brokerage firms in connection with a variety of securities related and commercial litigation matters.
- Acting for a provincial deposit insurer in the liquidation of various Credit Unions and associated recovery efforts.
- Acting as a special prosecutor for regional Conservation Authorities in connection with the prosecution of various offences under the Conservation Authorities Act.
Articles and Presentations
- Social Media and Defamation, Gardiner Roberts 2nd Annual Continuing Professional Development Event
- Member, Ontario Bar Association (Civil Litigation and Entertainment Law Sections)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Toronto Lawyers Association
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
Beyond the Office
When not in the office, Scott enjoys spending time with his fiancée and their crazy Weimaraner, Bailey. Otherwise, Scott can be found on the golf course, ski hills or various whitewater rivers throughout Eastern Canada.
Scott also has a keen interest in film and is currently acting as an Executive Producer on the development of a feature film.