Tim is a vigorous and adaptable litigator. From business disputes, to estates disputes, to hotly contested insolvency scenarios, Tim follows the same fundamentally sound approach: he listens to his client, he reads the temperament of his opponent, he tailors a plan to get results, and then he executes.
Tim has been with Gardiner Roberts LLP since he began as a summer student in 2010. After beginning as an associate litigator in 2012, he developed a strong interest in commercial disputes relating to creditor/debtor relationships, bankruptcies and insolvencies, restructurings and commercial fraud. This remains the core of his practice alongside his more recent focus in Estates litigation.
Tim also has experience with municipal land use disputes in a variety of settings. Tim has experience appearing before the Superior Court of Justice (in particular the Toronto Commercial List and Estates List), the Ontario Municipal Board, the Landlord and Tenant Board and Small Claims Court.
- Recently successfully mediated an approximately $500,000 settlement out of an Estate for his client on a Dependant’s Relief Claim in a contentious Estate Matter
- Conducted hearings before the Ontario Municipal Board with respect to land use matters in the City of Mississauga.
- Motions and interlocutory proceedings before the Ontario Superior Courts of Justice, Commercial List and non-commercial lists.
Articles and Presentations
- Not So Fast: Neuberger v. York and the Unique Challenges of Probate Litigation - May 26, 2016
- Surviving the Gauntlet of Presumption - December 12, 2014
Commercial List Users Committee Golf Tournament - 2014 Champion
- Turnaround Management Association
- INSOL International
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- The Advocates Society
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
Scarborough Golf Club - Member since 2013
Beyond the Office
Tim is a golfer - ever since his first job scrubbing clubs and golf carts, Tim is at home on the links. He loves to compete and he loves to be outdoors. Tim is also a musician, snowboarder and avid reader of literature and criticism.