Victoria Stuart works primarily in the area of real estate securities, advising both public and private Canadian real estate funds. She has represented clients in respect to a variety of private placements and tax oriented limited partnership offerings and has developed particular expertise in limited partnership restructurings, take-overs, dissolutions and divestures.
Victoria represents many clients in the multi-residential property sector, and has been lead counsel on numerous cross border private placements involving a variety of issuers.
- Acted for Romspen Real Estate Investments as Canadian counsel on the acquisition of Sturbridge Commons Apartments at a purchase price of $US36.9 Million.
- Acted as lead real estate counsel for A. John Page & Associates Inc., as court appointed sales officer of a multi-residential portfolio in the GTA consisting of 11 properties and 14 buildings.
- Acted as lead counsel for CIRP Management Ltd. & CIRP Development Ltd. on the disposition of a 30 property cross Canada portfolio, to FC One Retail Portfolio.
Articles and Presentations
- Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance Issues - November 12, 2015
- The Position of a Landlord when the Tenant is a Foreign State - May 3, 2009
- Landlords Launch Class Action Over Elevator Brake Expenses - October 20, 2008
- Specialty Vendors - the Sale of Property by Charities, Limited Partnerships and Trusts - August 1, 2008
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Private Capital Markets Association
- Trustee and member of the governance committee of the Gardiner Museum
- Member of the real estate committee of Victoria University in the University of Toronto
Beyond the Office
Victoria enjoys travelling with her husband Ambury. When not travelling she keeps stimulated by participating in bridge and book clubs.