Pamela practices in the areas of personal tax and estate planning, trusts, and non-profit and charities law. Her practice focuses on all areas of estate planning and administration, including wills and powers of attorney, charitable gift planning, advising beneficiaries and estate executors through the estate administration process, and establishing inter vivos and testamentary trusts.
She also assists with family businesses and private corporations with regard to their tax, governance and business succession planning, including estate freezes and corporate reorganizations.
In addition, Pamela advises charities and non-profit organizations regarding corporate and governance issues, establishing legal entities, and obtaining and maintaining charitable registration.
Articles and Presentations
- “Beware of 2016 Tax Measures for Estates and Trusts”, STEP Canada Connection, February 2015
- “The Carter Decision – The Supreme Court of Canada and Physician-Assisted Suicide”, Carswell, February 2015
- Certified Cultural Property - Tax implications of disposition - May 17, 2017
- The New All Families are Equal Act - March 1, 2017
- Charitable Gifting – A Summary - December 7, 2016
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Tax Foundation