As a member of Gardiner Roberts’ Business Law, Queenie’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financing and corporate/commercial law.
Queenie works closely with private companies in connection with a broad range of legal matters, including asset and share purchase transactions, corporate reorganizations, and corporate finance. Queenie has experience in drafting shareholder, partnership and other commercial agreements.
Queenie acts for a wide variety of clients ranging from start-ups to large, multinational organizations and in a number of industries, including technology, energy, infrastructure, insurance, real estate and financial services.
Prior to joining the firm, Queenie worked as a summer and articling student. She is involved in a number of initiatives in and outside the firm.
- Acted for Anchor Shoring Group, a soil retention and building foundation service firm, in connection with its reorganization prior to the sale of the business to GFL Excavating Corp.
- Acted for Aquam Corporation (formerly Nu Flow Holdings Inc.), a San Diego, CA based manufacturer and installer of innovative technologies to rehabilitate the inner infrastructure of deteriorated or failing water piping systems, in connection with various debt financings.
- Acted for an aboriginal band in connection with its investments in solar and wind projects.
- Acted for The Carlu Corporation, Toronto's historical special events venue, in connection with its sale to Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants.
- Acted for Canadian satellite equipment maker Com Dev International Ltd. in connection with various corporate and regulatory matters.
- Acted for The Edge Benefits Inc., a company that provides small business owners with lifestyle protection and complex living benefits solutions, in connection with its sale of a majority stake to Co-operators Life Insurance Co.
- Acted for MyTrak Health Systems Inc. in connection with its sale of the Mobile Technology Business Unit to The Medipattern Corporation, a TSX Venture listed company.
- Acted for an addiction treatment operator in connection with its sale of over 50 methadone clinics.
- Acted for one of North America’s largest residential solar energy companies in connection with the sale of solar systems and various other corporate matters.
- Acted for a storage operator in connection with its corporate reorganization and the purchase of various storage facilities premises.
- Acted for Quality Rugs of Canada in connection with its acquisition of all of the partnership interests in Sterling Tile & Carpet.
- Acted for REV Sleep Corporation, a mattresses, foundations, bedding and pillows manufacturer in connection with the sale of its assets to Sommex Bedding Corporation.
- Acted for Romspen Mortgage Investment Fund, a leading non-bank mortgage lender specializing in commercial and industrial real estate, in connection with various lending and securities law matters.
- Acted for Signature Risk Partners Inc., in connection with its purchase of the commercial golf club insurance program business from South Western Insurance Group Limited.
- Acted for a U.S. producer and distributor of synchronous drive products, in connection with its acquisition of the assets of a Canadian manufacturer and distributor of power transmission products.
- Acted for a wind energy limited partnership in connection with its restructuring.
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author of the Business Law Program, Ryerson’s Law Practice Program.
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ryerson’s Law Practice Program