Eli is an emerging young litigator with a client-oriented outlook and a knack for resolving tense legal disputes.
Eli started at Gardiner Roberts in 2019 as a summer student, completed his articles with the firm in 2020 and returned as an associate in 2021. At the firm, his work has ranged from litigating in small claims court to multi-billion dollar class actions and everything in between. Eli has prepared written materials for both trial level and appellant litigation. Eli maintains a broad litigation practice with a focus on professional negligence, municipal law and class actions work.
Having been awarded the “Top Appellant Team” at the 2019 Frank W. Callaghan Memorial Moot and “Most Outstanding Moot Team” at UBC’s 2017 Undergraduate Moot Court Competition, Eli has been recognized for his oral advocacy skills.
- Secured procedurally important decisions in data breach class action effecting over 6 million Canadians.
Articles and Presentations
- Business Interruption Insurance in the Time of COVID-19: Some Recent Judicial Consideration
- HBC’s Efforts to Withhold Rent Due to Landlords’ Failure to Maintain “First Class” Shopping Centres
- Court refuses to impose 5 pm deadline for delivery of real estate closing proceeds (More v. 1362279 Ontario Ltd. (Seiko Homes)) - August 8, 2023
- Lessons in a professional liability claim - October 11, 2022
- Distribution under ambiguous disposition provision in Will made on a per stirpes basis - December 22, 2021
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
I work with individuals and provide legal services to those who would otherwise be unable to access justice
Beyond the Office
When not in the office, you can find Eli playing competitive trivia or geocaching. He is currently on the hunt to find Toronto’s best martini.