Eli is an emerging young litigator with a client-oriented outlook and a knack for resolving tense legal disputes.
Eli started at Gardiner Roberts in 2019 as a summer student, completed his articles with the firm in 2020 and returned as an associate in 2021. At the firm, his work has ranged from litigating in small claims court to multi-billion dollar class actions and everything in between. Eli has prepared written materials for both trial level and appellant litigation. Eli maintains a broad litigation practice with a focus on professional negligence, municipal law and class actions work.
Having been awarded the “Top Appellant Team” at the 2019 Frank W. Callaghan Memorial Moot and “Most Outstanding Moot Team” at UBC’s 2017 Undergraduate Moot Court Competition, Eli has been recognized for his oral advocacy skills.
Articles and Presentations
- Government liability for policy decisions following Nelson (City) v. Marchi, Toronto Law Journal - January 8, 2022
- HBC’s Efforts to Withhold Rent Due to Landlords’ Failure to Maintain “First Class” Shopping Centres, GRLLP Blog - December 8, 2020
- Business Interruption Insurance in the Time of COVID-19: Some Recent Judicial Consideration, GRLLP Blog - September 21, 2020
- Lessons in a professional liability claim - October 11, 2022
- Distribution under ambiguous disposition provision in Will made on a per stirpes basis - December 22, 2021
- HBC’s Efforts to Withhold Rent Due to Landlords’ Failure to Maintain “First Class” Shopping Centres - December 8, 2020
- Business Interruption Insurance in the Time of COVID-19: Some Recent Judicial Consideration - September 21, 2020
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
I work with individuals and provide legal services to those who would otherwise be unable to access justice.
Beyond the Office
When not in the office, you can find Eli playing competitive trivia or geocaching. He is currently on the hunt to find Toronto’s best martini.