Ian is an associate and practices in the areas of Tax and Estate Planning, Business and Corporate Commercial Law and Non-Profit and Charities Law.
Ian advises on tax and estate planning, as well as other corporate and commercial matters, including corporate restructuring, contracts and transactional work. His practice includes Canadian income tax for individuals, corporations and trusts.
Ian also provides corporate and commercial services, including charities and not-for-profits operating in Canada and internationally. Ian can assist with incorporation, continuance, charitable registration, dissolution, and general commercial services, and he assists clients on questions of governance, by-laws, regulatory compliance, and real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm as an associate in 2020, Ian worked as a summer and articling student at Gardiner Roberts LLP.
Articles and Presentations
- Avoiding Probate in Ontario: Strategies to Minimize Estate Administration Tax, Money & Family Law - Issue 38-1
- Introduction to Toronto’s Vacant Home Tax – The Lawyer’s Daily, January 23, 2023
- Here come the new reporting requirements for trusts – The Lawyer’s Daily, February 8, 2022
- Government liability for policy decisions following Nelson (City) v. Marchi – Toronto Law Journal, January 2022
- Viewing the Supreme Court of Canada’s Decision in Callow Through a Compliance Lens – Municipal Liability Risk Management; Lexis Nexis, March 2021
- Update: New Reporting Requirements For Trusts - January 20, 2022
- Snow washing is now more difficult in Canada, but at what cost? - May 26, 2021
- Viewing the Supreme Court of Canada's decision in Callow through a compliance lens - December 23, 2020
- Yachad, the Canadian Jewish Council for Disabilities – Director
- Thought Leadership Award, Mondaq – Spring 2023