Catherine’s practice encompasses a broad range of business and corporate/commercial law matters, including asset and share acquisitions/divestitures, financings, incorporations, reorganizations, shareholder agreements, partnership and limited partnership agreements, and other commercial agreements and arrangements. Catherine acts for a diverse client base, including emerging companies, family-owned/operated businesses and organizations of all sizes, across a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, retail, technology, health services and real estate. Her practice includes a particular focus on information technology and privacy law matters.
Catherine has extensive experience in negotiating and drafting a wide range of technology, Internet and e-commerce related agreements, including development, distribution, licence, SAAS, maintenance and support, professional services, outsourcing, system acquisition, and confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, as well as privacy policies.
Catherine regularly advises clients on electronic commerce and privacy issues, including those relating to on-line contracting, consumer protection, and compliance with privacy and anti-spam legislation. Catherine has served on the Ontario Bar Association Information Technology and E-Commerce Law Section Executive as a member and past Chair.
Articles and Presentations
- Privacy Update Digital Privacy Act Amendments to PIPEDA - November 12, 2015
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation - Are You Ready? - May 26, 2014
- Google Book Settlement - The Ongoing Saga - May 1, 2010
- PIPEDA - Draft Breach of Security Safeguards Regulations Published - September 25, 2017
- CASL - Private Right of Action Suspended - August 16, 2017
- Ontario Bar Association Information Technology and E-Commerce Section - Chair (2013-2014)
- Ontario Bar Association Information Technology and E-Commerce Section - Vice-Chair (2012-2013)
- Ontario Bar Association Information Technology and E-Commerce Section - Co-CLE Liaison and Secretary (2011-2012)
- Ontario Bar Association Information Technology and E-Commerce Section - Program Coordinator (2010-2011
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association, Business Law, Information Technology/E-Commerce and Privacy Law Sections
- Canadian IT Law Association
- Information Technology Association Canada
- Toronto Computer Lawyers Group