Diana Mansour specializes in the area of intellectual property law with a focus on intellectual property and information technology transactions, global intellectual property asset management and all areas of trademark and copyright law including the acquisition, maintenance, protection, exploitation and enforcement of these rights.
Diana has extensive experience with developing and implementing global strategies for the protection, exploitation and enforcement of trademarks. Diana provides global strategic advice on managing national and international trademark portfolios, searching, clearing, filing and registering trademarks and domain names; as well as experience in contentious issues including domain name disputes, opposition proceedings, cancellation proceedings, resolving disputes, infringement opinions and related litigation and support (including cease and desist letters, statements of claim and defence, written arguments and supporting evidence).
Diana also has extensive experience providing transactional advice and conducting due diligence in the evaluation, transfer and management of intellectual property in mergers, acquisitions, financing, etc., and in negotiating and drafting on-premise and cloud software and intellectual property related agreements (e.g., licensing, joint ventures, research and development, assignments, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, material transfer, outsourcing, and service agreements).
- Intellectual Property
- Registered Trademark Agent
Articles and Presentations
- Pfizer Products Inc. v. Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association, 2015 FC 493 (T-733-13) - June 9, 2015
- Social Media and Intellectual Property Considerations, Co-presenter, Federated Press - May 6, 2015
- Legal Strategies for Building Corporate Value and Protection Innovation, Co-presenter, Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX) - November 14, 2014
- Is your Company conducting or intending to conduct business in Quebec? - July 2, 2014
- Significant Changes to the Canadian Trade-marks Act - July 2, 2014
- IP Considerations in Outsourcing Agreements, Co-presenter, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association 2013 National Spring Conference - 2013
- Top 10 Legal Mistakes that will Cost, Co-presenter, Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX) - November 21, 2013
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society (NSBS)
- Licensing Executives’ Society, USA and Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Trademark Committee, Copyright Committee and IP Agreements Committee
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Copyright Committee, Artificial Intelligence (current), INTA Bulletins Committee (previous), Parallel Imports Committee (previous)
- Canadian Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section