Rob Winterstein is a partner and member of the Dispute Resolution group at Gardiner Roberts LLP. Prior to joining Gardiner Roberts, Rob articled and practised for several years with a large firm in Calgary, Alberta, and now conducts a general commercial litigation practise with an emphasis on professional liability and corporate litigation. Among other clients, Rob acts for one of the largest residential property management companies in Canada and provides advice in all facets of their business operations. Rob has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Ontario Court of Justice, Provincial Division as well as the (Ontario) Landlord and Tenant Board and the (Ontario) Human Rights Tribunal.
As part of his practice, Rob also assists a wide variety of health sector clients, including long-term care homes, retirement homes and health professionals with litigation and regulatory compliance issues.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Professional Negligence, Commercial Disputes, Residential Tenancies and Human Rights
- Plaintiffs unable to establish terms of contract and entitlement to funds paid to trucking company - February 17, 2023
- Interlocutory injunction denied for failure to provide undertaking in damages - December 9, 2022
- Landlords Need to be Careful When Declining a Rental Application - February 1, 2017
- Small Claims Court Has Jurisdiction to Decide Claims for Damage to a Rental Unit (if the tenant is no longer in possession) - September 14, 2016
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- The Advocates’ Society