Bill is the Practice Leader of the Securities Law Group at Gardiner Roberts. Bill advises clients on all aspects of corporate and securities law matters including prospectus offerings, stock exchange listings, mergers and acquisitions of both public and private companies, reverse take-over transactions, formal and exempt take-over bids, going-private transactions, amalgamations and arrangements, corporate governance compliance, continuous disclosure obligations, rights offerings, equity and debt financings and private placements. Bill has extensive experience in advising clients on Mining law issues including the acquisition, option and joint venturing of resource properties, disclosure obligations under National Instrument 43-101 and flow-through financings.
- In the last year, acted for two separate public resource clients with substantial mining assets that merged with well-funded public companies by way of three cornered amalgamations
- Acted for a public company that effected a going private transaction
Articles and Presentations
- Crowdfunding Exemption - November 26, 2015
- Offering Memorandum Exemption - November 19, 2015
- Regulators Provide Existing Shareholders with the Means to Save the Junior Capital Markets Through the Use of the New Rights Offering and Existing Shareholder Exemptions - October 15, 2015
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Institute of Corporate Directors
Beyond the Office
In addition to spending time with his family in Algonquin Park, Bill’s passion is wildlife photography. His office wall is adorned with his wildlife encounters. Bill’s other passion is the Blues and in the immortal words of “Joliet” Jake E. Blues: “I suggest you buy as many blues albums as you can”.