This past decade has seen unprecedented change and turmoil in the global automotive industry even more so here at home. Unstable oil prices, changes in government policy, enhanced safety regulations, the introduction of electric vehicles, global recalls and evolving consumer demands for the latest technologies have required automakers to live with significant change from reinventing automotive supply chains to the bottom line of how to deliver their products efficiently and cost-effectively, while remaining competitive.
At Gardiner Roberts, our Automotive team recognizes the complexities the industry is faced with and understands how to meet and address its unique challenges. Gardiner Roberts’ Automotive team realizes that you need to work with an experienced legal partner well-versed in the nuances of the auto industry; a team who effectively advises you on how to navigate the evolving legal landscape in an efficient, proactive manner ensuring continued success today and for decades to follow.
To offset these challenges and to set the stage for continued success, Gardiner Roberts’ Automotive team leverages its extensive legal expertise to advise clients in various areas, including: corporate commercial, dispute resolution and litigation, financial services, insolvency and restructuring, information technology, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and securities.
Gardiner Roberts’ multi-disciplinary, one-team approach draws on the collective expertise to provide practical, actionable and cost-effective legal advice so you can focus on developing the products and services your customers expect. With a dedicated team of legal experts at your side, providing comprehensive business solutions across a full spectrum of automotive issues, clients have come to rely on Gardiner Roberts’ abilities to provide effective counsel on a variety of complex, business-altering legal issues.
The Automotive team provides expertise in all sectors, with emphasis on the following:
- Advising on business structure, taxation, trade, and real estate requirements
- Advising on acquisitions and divestitures
- Advising on franchise and dealer law, including dealer terminations
- Advising on intellectual property matters
- Advising on the securitization of auto leases and loans
- Advising on supplier insolvency issues and supply chain disruptions
- Assisting with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and brand extensions
- Assisting with workouts, bankruptcy and insolvency, including supplier insolvencies that threaten to disrupt the supply chain
- Developing product manuals and warranties
- Drafting financing contracts and related forms
- Drafting, reviewing and renegotiating contract terms and conditions for commercial arrangements
- Defending against product liability claims
- Litigating disputes involving suppliers or distributor contracts, intellectual property and competition issues
- Litigating product defect claims
- Negotiating supplier agreements, commercial contracts and related matter